The stunning Northumberland Coast has some of the finest photography locations in the UK, with romantic castles, miles of glorious golden beaches, elegant grass-covered dunes and dramatic shoreline geology. This irresistible mix creates a wealth of potential for seascapes and inner landscapes alike. It's an outstanding area to explore, but you'll find there's plenty more to Northumberland if you venture inland. The countryside has various hidden gems, from secret waterfalls and ancient monuments to marvellous heather moorlands, as well as more magnificent castles. And last, but by no means least, there's Hadrian's Wall - an impressive feat of Roman engineering with many atmospheric and photogenic locations along its length.
This guide covers the magnificent coastline in detail, along with the best of the countryside and Hadrian's Wall.
• Over 50 brilliant locations, including castles, beaches, piers, harbours, lighthouses, waterfalls and ancient monuments.
• Detailed directions to each location, including annotated maps, where to park and satnav information*.
• Advice on the best time of day and the best time of year to visit the locations.
• Table of sunrise and sunset times for the area.
• Useful information on what time of year to visit, practicalities for shooting seascapes, tide times, astrophotography and the Northern Lights.
• Suitable for all levels of photographer - from beginner to professional.
• Handy A5 size fits in your camera bag.
* Postcodes for satnav are given in the book. GPS co-ordinates are available online.
Ellen (who happens to by Mr. Rigu's cousin) has also written books covering the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Peak District, and Scotland as part of this growing series.