Free Delivery Available on all UK orders
Rigu offers free shipping for all UK mainland orders, no matter what size of order.
Customers that opt for free delivery will have their order sent by Royal Mail 48 (for large letter sized items) or Tracked 48 (for parcels). Free delivery items should arrive within a couple of working days, but this is not guaranteed.
Upgrades are available to faster services, such as Royal Mail 24 and Tracked 24, and Special Delivery. You can also opt for a signed for service upon receipt of the item. At my discretion I may upgrade packages to signed for or Special Delivery if they are high-value orders that need higher-levels of insurance.
In the comments on your order you may leave a note that will be applied to postage to suggest a "safeplace" in the event that your order does not fit through a letterbox and/or there is no one available to receive the package (such leaving an item well hidden in a porch or perhaps delivering to a neighbour instead). On "signed for" and Special Delivery services it is not possible to leave a safeplace note as the item needs to have a signature to confirm the delivery.
When will you dispatch my order?
Rigu gets a collection by the Royal Mail each weekday between 3pm and 3:30pm. Generally speaking, anything ordered before 2:45pm will be dispatched on the same day, but this cannot always be guaranteed. If you order after this time, expect your order to be dispatched on the next working day.
- No orders are dispatched on weekends or bank holidays.
- There may be occasions when the same day dispatch cut off is earlier. This will usually be displayed on the checkout if this is the case.
- Personalised items and custom straps have a longer lead time and are unlikely to be dispatched on the same day as they are ordered.
- Paying for postage upgrades does not speed up processing or dispatch times. It is just a faster mail service once it has been collected.
- On rare occasions such as snow or flooding in the local area there may be a delay to your order being dispatched if the Royal Mail cannot collect that day.
There is an issue with my delivery, can you help?
In my experience the Royal Mail are the most reliable delivery service in the UK, and delivery times are accurate the vast majority of the time. No service is perfect though, and occasionally things go wrong.
If there's an issue with your order please get in touch via e-mail (email@example.com) so I can advise how to move forward and get your order to you. Here's some general advice:
- Tracking information doesn't always tell the whole story. It's possible that a package is moving through the network even if there have not been updates for a couple of days.
- The Royal Mail do not search depots for missing items, no matter what the value or size of package, due to the large volume of mail that they deal with.
- In my experience, contacting the Royal Mail regarding delayed or missing items doesn't actually do anything, all they can do is apologise for the delay, and then advise to request compensation after a few weeks. Save yourself the stress and contact Rigu straight away, and please be considerate that it's frustrating for us both that the delivery service has been poor on this occasion.
European & International Orders
Prices for international shipping are currently changing regularly. To give customers the best price this means that non-UK orders needs to be dealt with on a one-by-one basis. This is a bit more work for both Rigu and the buyer, and slows up the purchase process a bit, but it's the most fair way it can be done currently.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your address & list of items you would like to order to get an up to date shipping quote.
European deliveries tend to take around 1 week. If you need a faster service this is usually possible, but the cost will increase significantly.
Customs Duty & Import Taxes
- All customers outside the UK should expect to pay tax on import.
- For some countries Rigu can pre-pay import charges and local sales tax. This saves you money on admin fees, and also speeds up the delivery process.
- Rigu will not declare a package as being worth less than the purchase price so that you can avoid paying taxes, please do not ask for this to be done.
- For countries where it is not possible to pre-pay import duty and taxes you will need to pay these before you receive the package, and will be contacted by the courier regarding this once the package has arrived in the destination country.
Exclusions & Banned Locations
Unfortunately, Rigu does not send orders to hotels due to higher than average incidences of lost and stolen parcels. Some hotels do not have facilities in place to hold mail for guests, and there are also issues if any delays with delivery mean the package is not at the hotel when you are.
The only exception to this is where you can provide proof that the hotel is happy to receive the package, and also that you waive your rights to a refund if the package is lost. This must be arranged prior to placing an order. Rigu reserves the right to cancel and refund any order being sent to a hotel.
Please note that Rigu also does not send items to PO Boxes or other parcel storage locations in non-UK locations unless it has been explicitly confirmed that it is possible for the package to be received there. Parcel forwarding services (such as the now closed "Parcel Motel") are allowed, but please provide additional information in the comments on the order if the address requires special treatment.
In cases where the package is rejected and returned to Rigu you will not receive your postage payment as a refund and will be liable for return costs.